Are you starting to take blogging seriously?
Carter and Prince is currently running a Blogger website promotion to assist bloggers in converting their free hosted blogs into self hosted blogs.
Free blogs are mostly for bloggers who are just exploring the world of blogging, and aren’t serious about blogging. If you’re blogging for fun, by all means stick to a free platform.
But, if you want to take your blog to the next level, we suggest owning your own blog.
Free vs owned blogs:
- If you don’t own your own domain, you will always have a suffix attached to your blog: www.example.blogspot.com
- Free blogs appear less professional than self hosted ones
- A self hosted blog on WordPress allows you access to many plugins for contact forms, galleries, video galleries, Google Analytics and more.
- You can’t edit your CSS (look, feel and colours) as easily as you could on a site you own
- You have limited bandwidth, memory space, image and video space
- Free platforms do not allow you to monetize your site fully, making it harder to make money from your blog